How to use Contact Lenses
Follow @opticagracia on social social media and get your gift ❗️
Contact lens tips:
Whether you use contact lenses for the first time or if you have been using them for years, these tips on how to help you put them will avoid many problems that some contact lenses users experience.
- Always have a solution for contact lenses.
Unless you use daily replacement contact lenses (also called “daily”), do not wait until the end of the day to find out that there is no cleaning solution left.
- Always keeping a backup solution pot will help you avoid this momentum.
This is especially important because we must use clean and new cleaning solution every time we touch contact lenses.
- Never use running water to clean your contact lenses. It may contain impurities and resistant infectious microorganisms.
Tips for taking out contact lenses:
- Wash your hands and wipe before putting on or removing contact lenses
Any particle that you have in your hands when you touch the lenses could end up in your eyes. Wash your hands with an antibacterial soap and dry roughly before touching your contact lenses. Avoid using oil or creams or soaps before touching lenses, as it could contaminate or stain with an oily film.
- Always start with the same eye when you put on the lenses
When putting on contact lenses, always start with the same eye. This will reduce the chances of confusing the lenses. Yes, the same as shoes, the lens of the left eye and the right are different.
- Put the contact lens in the palm of your hand
Take the contact lens by placing it in the palm of your hand.Touching it with your fingers will increase the chances of cracking it with your nails. Nails can damage the surface of the lens and, moreover, they are a bacterial nest.
- Take off the lenses if you notice pain or discomfort.
If after contact lenses are pain or discomfort, or if people tell you that they have red eyes, get rid of them, pain and discomfort is the way that eyes have to tell us that something is causing them problems.
If this happens to you repeatedly, talk to our optometrists in opticagracia.es to check if you are using the contact lenses correctly.